Attorney Jason Lopp
Jason Lopp has focused his practice on representing financial institutions, major corporations, family businesses and individuals. He is licensed to practice in both Indiana and Kentucky, and his practice includes commercial real estate transactions, zoning, construction, general litigation, corporate planning and risk management matters, as well as legal issues related to the Americans with Disabilities Act. He is committed to providing exceptional client service.
Jason graduated with a B.A. in Psychology from the University of Kentucky and earned his J.D. from the Salmon P. Chase College of Law at Northern Kentucky University in 1998.
“I focus on helping people and solving problems. I put things in plain terms that clients can understand so they can make good decisions. I tend to be organized, calm and articulate.”
Jason began his law career as a civil litigator in Indianapolis, Indiana. There he spent most of his time in court, handling depositions, hearings and jury trials. When he returned to New Albany in 2002, he joined the law firm of Young, Lind, Endres & Kraft, and later Wyatt, Tarrant & Combs, where he narrowed his focus to real estate, business and banking-related matters. However, due to his litigation background, he continues to advise his clients on a wide range of topics and issues. Jason also utilizes his broad range of experience to assist others in resolving their litigation matters as a civil mediator.
Jason was born in Clarksville, Indiana, but moved away at a young age, growing up in Central Kentucky. He returned to the area in 2002 after he and his wife, Candace, became pregnant with their first child. Candace has worked as a Social Worker at Norton Children’s Hospital for more than 13 years. They reside in Floyd County with their three children. Jason enjoys watching UK basketball.
Northern Kentucky University, Salmon P. Chase College of Law – J.D. (1998)
University of Kentucky, B.A. (1994)
- Indiana State Bar
- Kentucky State Bar
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky
- One Southern Indiana: Chair Elect, Chair of Economic Development Council, Member of Investor Relations Committee and Advisory Council. One Southern Indiana is Southern Indiana’s combined Economic Development Council and Chamber of Commerce.
- Former President of Rauch Foundation, Inc., a 501(c) organization supporting people with disabilities
- Former Horseshoe Foundation of Floyd County, Grants Committee member
- Kiwanis Club of Historic New Albany member
- Assisted builders and lenders with construction payment disputes and disputes relating to faulty construction claims.
- Acted as local counsel for out-of-state general counsel with litigation related to construction of improvements to one of their local industrial plants.
- Represented numerous clients throughout all stages of the acquisition, development, finance, lease and disposition of their real estate projects and mortgage and commercial lending transactions.
- Represented various clients in the drafting and negotiation of commercial office and retail building leases.
- Represented numerous local, regional and out-of-state mortgage lending institutions in connection with mortgage loan transactions.
- Represented restaurant industry franchisee in connection with multi-state mortgage lending transaction.
- Represented numerous homeowner’s associations with drafting and enforcing their restrictive covenants and bylaws.
- Acted as local counsel to numerous mortgage lending institutions in connection with various collection matters, including foreclosures and bankruptcies.
- Handles various litigation matters for small-business owners and commercial and residential land owners.
- Represents various real estate brokers with licensure matters and issues related to their customers’ real estate transactions.
- Worked with local businesses and property owners in land-use-related matters, including securing permits and zoning approvals for building expansions, nonconforming uses, rezoning and variances.
- Assists local banks in various corporate matters, including creditor’s rights, contract preparation and risk analysis.
- Assists numerous clients with estate and business succession planning.
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Floyd County Bar Association
- Sherman Minton Inns of Court
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Association
- Indiana Land Title Association
- Building and Design Association of Southern Indiana
- CCIM, Kentucky Chapter
- International Council of Shopping Centers