Attorney Leslie Vidra
Leslie Vidra is an experienced and professional attorney who is licensed to practice law in both Indiana and Kentucky. With 40 years of private practice, including 12 years in-house counsel experience with two regional foundations, she specializes in both non-profit and for-profit corporate governance and regulatory compliance, estate and trust planning, probate administration and charitable gift planning. Her clients include individuals and families, closely held and start-up businesses, and non-profit charitable entities. She is familiar with income, estate and gift tax law and related accounting procedures. Leslie is passionate about opportunities to participate in long-range planning and provide proactive, constructive advice to her clients.
“I believe in providing my clients an organized, yet flexible approach to problem solving via intuitive listening. My passion is supporting the non-profit and charitable community through compliance with laws, assistance with related accounting procedures and long-range planning, all in support of improving our local and regional quality of life. I also help families achieve their goals by drafting wills, POAs and trusts; creating business succession plans and later administering estates.”
Leslie became interested in practicing law in high school, when she assisted her father on evenings and weekends with Pennsylvania small town clients at his home office. Community involvement is important to Leslie, and she believes communities can thrive and stay strong through focused charitable giving and interaction with non-profit organizations. She has served on multiple volunteer boards of directors for over 40 years in her local community.
Leslie Vidra grew up in a suburb of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania then moved to Southern Indiana to attend college and law school. She currently has 40 years of private law practice experience and is licensed in Indiana and Kentucky.
She focuses her practice on corporate governance and regulatory compliance, estate and trust planning, and probate/trust administration. She carries an extensive knowledge of charitable gift planning and provides her technical expertise on corporate governance issues and regulatory compliance to non-profit organizations.
Leslie believes in an organized, yet flexible approach to problem solving via intuitive listening. Her great passion is supporting the non-profit and charitable community through both compliance with laws and related accounting procedures, which support improving our local and regional quality of life.
Leslie believes the best way to accomplish a client’s mission and objectives is by coordination, cooperation, and delegation among related professional disciplines. Leslie enjoys opportunities to participate in long-range planning to provide proactive, constructive advice to client organizations.
Her specialties include drafting wills, POA and trusts; handling estate and trust administration; preparing family or closely held business start-up and succession planning; and advising non-profits on corporate governance and regulatory compliance issues.
Leslie offers a comprehensive initial consultation and she looks forward to learning more about you.
Indiana University School of Law, Bloomington Campus – Juris Doctor
Indiana University, Southeast Campus – 12 Hours Toward MBA
Indiana University, Bloomington Campus – Bachelor of Arts
- Spalding University – School of Business – Adjunct Instructor
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Indiana State Bar Association – Member: Probate, Real Property and Trust Section
- Kentucky State Bar Association – Member: Probate Section
- Louisville Bar Association – Member: Probate Section
- Southern Indiana Estate Planning Council – Member, Past President
- Indiana University School of Law Alumni Board
- Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum – Past Board of Directors Member
Giving Back To The Community
- Horseshoe Foundation of Floyd County – Investment Committee
- NAWBO Kentucky Foundation – Board of Directors – President 2019-2021
- National Association of Women Business Owners – Kentucky and Indianapolis Chapters
- Women’s Foundation of Southern Indiana
- Southern Indiana Chamber of Commerce – Past Chairman and Board of Directors Member
- Leadership Southern Indiana Class of 1983 – Past Board of Directors Member
- Floyd Memorial Hospital Foundation – Past Board of Directors Member
- Catholic Community Foundation – Archdiocese of Indianapolis – Past Board of Trustees Member and Chair of Planned Giving Committee
- Kentuckiana Planned Giving Council – Past Board of Directors Member
- New Albany Business and Professional Women’s Organization